Why Is Routine Oral Care Important?
It is important to care for your teeth on a daily basis, including visiting a knowledgeable dentist every six months for a checkup and teeth-cleaning procedure in Gainesville VA. During your dental examination in Gainesville VA, it is easy for the dentist to determine if you have performed adequate dental care. If you have gingivitis or an excessive buildup of plaque, then you probably aren’t brushing and flossing your teeth enough. Fortunately, a dentist in Gainesville VA can offer advice concerning caring for your teeth and gums so that you won’t lose any teeth due to extensive decay or infection.
What Is Restorative Dentistry?
However, if your teeth already have damage, discolorations or decay, then you can undergo restorative dentistry in Gainesville VA to repair the problems. There are numerous restorative dentistry procedures in Gainesville VA, including:
- Filling a small cavity with a color-matching substance
- Creating a customized crown to improve the appearance of a tooth
- Cleaning the teeth to remove plaque and bacteria
- Providing antibiotics to treat gum disease
- Cutting away diseased gum tissue
- Repairing receding gums to protect dental roots
- Application of bonding materials for small chips or scratches
- Creating dental veneers to cover a damaged or discolored front tooth
- Performing periodontal treatment
- Applying sealants to teeth to prevent decay
- Creating fixed or removable dental bridges
You may need more than one dental appointment to treat different types of dental health issues.
Types Of Oral Surgery in Gainesville VA
In addition, a dentist in Gainesville VA can perform oral surgery in Gainesville VA when you have a major oral health problem such as:
- A dislocated tooth from an accident
- Treating a root canal infection
- Extracting damaged or diseased teeth
- Inserting one or more dental implants
- Removing impacted teeth
- Repairing a defective jaw
- Treating temporomandibular joint disorder
- Bone grafting
A dentist may also work with other medical experts to fix complex dental or facial problems such as cleft palates or lips.
Why Does a Child Needs Pediatric Dentistry Services?
Children should begin to visit a dentist at an early age, and with regular pediatric dentistry in Gainesville VA, a child is less likely to have tooth decay that can lead to halitosis, gum disease or loss of teeth. With pediatric dentistry in Gainesville VA methods, your child is able to sit in an examination chair that is the correct size, and the dentist will have smaller instruments to work on a child’s teeth. Caring for a child’s primary teeth can prevent problems as the adult teeth begin to erupt from the gums.
Determine If You Need Orthodontic Treatment in Gainesville VA
Cosmetic dentistry in Gainesville VA is also important because you will want to have a beautiful smile with straight and white teeth. Orthodontics in Gainesville VA is an integral part of cosmetic dentistry, and today, there are several ways to improve the malocclusions of your teeth, including:
- Clear plastic aligners that are removable
- Braces worn on the backs of your teeth
- Traditional metal braces that are affordable
- Palate expanders to widen the palate
- Headgear for major malocclusions
A dentist in Gainesville VA will collect medical images and molds of your mouth to determine if you need braces, aligners or other types of orthodontic devices.